Measures and Generates DC Voltage, mV and Current, Programmable
Calibrate electronic process instruments such as controllers, transmitters, or recorders with model CAL30 Process Calibrator. Model CAL30 is designed to independently measure and simulate DC volts, mV, and current. These calibrators simulate a two-wire field transmitter and generate a controlled output current when connected to an external power supply. Units source a four-wire transmitter by generating a controlled 4-20 mA DC from an external 25 V power supply.
Programmable functions, such as square root extraction for flow signals, ramp/step increment value, selectable engineering units, isolated signal conversion or automatic changing of the output value simplify many calibration tasks. Calibration values can be stored and recalled using the Low, Mid, or High keys. Program the automatic shut-off to conserve battery life.
The Model CAL30 Calibrator features 500 VDC input/output isolation and reverse polarity protection. The unit includes three 9V batteries, two sets of dual test leads, a dual binding post adapter, carrying case, and instruction manual.
- Input Ranges: Voltage: -10 to 24 mV DC; -10 to 120 mV DC (autoranging); 0 to 12 VDC; Current: 0 to 24 mA DC. Input Impedance: 1 MΩ minimum plus 10 nano- Amps maximum for V and mV inputs; 40Ω for mA DC.
- Accuracy: ±0.025% of range.
- Output Ranges: 0 to 120.0 mV DC (2KΩ min. load); 0 to 12.0 VDC (2KΩ min. load); 0 to 24.0 mA DC (25 volts excitation).
- Input/Output Isolation: 500 VDC.
- Display: 24-character LCD, 3/16"(5 mm) character height.
- Indication: Up to 5 digits depending on range.
- Warm-up Time: 60 seconds, maximum.
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C).
- Electrical Connections: Standard banana jacks on 3/4" (19 mm) centers.
- Power Requirements: Three 9V alkaline (included).
- Battery Life: 100 hours, approx.
- Weight: 1.15 lb (0.52 kg).
- Agency Approvals: CE.