720124 DU, 100 MPa - (14 500 psi)
The 729124 pump is suitable for use with hydraulic nuts (smaller than or equal to HMV 54E) and for mounting and dismounting bearings or components where a maximum pressure of 100 MPa (14 500 psi) is required. The pump is supplied with 1 500 mm (59 in.) pressure hose, quick connect coupling and mating nipple and pressure gauge. The pump is filled with SKF Mounting Fluid LHMF 300 and is supplied with an extra litre of fluid. For applications where space does not permit the use of a quick connect coupling and nipple, such as AOH sleeves, a special pump design is available (729124 A).
- Oil container capacity 250 cm³ (15 in.³)
- Suitable for hydraulic nuts smaller than or equal to HMV 54E
- Extra litre of mounting fluid
- Special pump configurations available
- Packed in a sturdy protective case
729124 including THGD 100 digital pressure gauge for use with the SKF Drive-up Method.
- SKF hydraulic nuts smaller than or equal to HMV 54E
- All other oil injection applications where the maximum pressure is 100 MPa (14 500 psi)
SKF Drive-up Method
Accurate mounting of spherical roller and CARB bearings
The SKF Drive-up Method is a well-proven method, unique to SKF, of accurately achieving the adjustment of SKF spherical roller and CARB toroidal roller bearings mounted on tapered seatings.
The method incorporates the use of an SKF HMV..E hydraulic nut fitted with a dial indicator, and a high accuracy digital pressure gauge, mounted on the selected pump. The correct fit is achieved by controlling the axial drive-up of the bearing from a pre-determined starting position, defined by the pressure in the SKF HMV ..E hydraulic nut. The second stage is monitored by driving the bearing up a calculated distance on the taper seating.
The starting position pressure and the drive-up distance for many SKF bearings can be determined by using the SKF Drive-up Method PC program or by the iOS or Andoid app for smartphones and tablets.
In addition, SKF’s unique information service for mounting and dismount bearings, skf.com/mount, also features the SKF Drive-up Method.
- Reduces the use of feeler gauges
- Greatly reduces the time to mount spherical roller and CARB toroidal roller bearings
- A reliable and accurate method of adjustment
- The only suitable way to mount sealed spherical roller and CARB bearings
100 MPa (14 500 psi)
0.5 cm3 (0.03 in.3)
Oil container capacity
250 cm3 (15 in.3)
Length of pressure hose
1500 mm (59 in.)
G1/4 quick connection
3.5 kg (8 lb)
729124 DU 729124 including THGD 100