The Superior AccuTrak® VPE-2000 is the first digitally controlled ultrasonic detector. Like two instruments in one it uses two independent sensors supported by separate electronic circuits configured specifically to their own sensor. This assures optimum sound clarity and frequency response. When switching between the airborne and contact sensors all settings are retained in memory! Digital LED meters let you establish baselines, perform trending, and accurately repeat these tests better than older more expensive analog instruments.
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; ANY GAS!
- Steam Traps: Detect live steam loss in seconds!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearings: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Electric Arc and Corona: Inspect circuit breakers, relays, and buss bars! Check for corrosion on contacts and proper insulation!
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics: Inspect controls, hoses, tools, fittings and internal cylinders with ease!
- Vibration: Detect the ultrasonic sound generated by excessive friction!
- Fan Belts: Early warning of loose belts
- Digital LED Indicators (Alphanumeric and bar-graph)
- Digital Frequency Selection (With SONIC Probe Mode)
- Digital PEAK HOLD Feature
- Separate Volume and Sensitivity
- Digital Mode Selection
- Stores all Settings in Memory
- Wide Dynamic Range (256 Steps)
- Field Calibratable (With purchase of Calibrator)
Each kit includes:
- Contact probe extension kit
- Hard carrying case
- Protective canvas pouch with vinyl window
- Ultrasonic sound generator
- Manual and video overview
|Dimensions||(LWD) 7.075" (17.97cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length||8.185" (20.78cm)|
|Body Materials||Aluminum and ABS|
|Body Finish||Anodized, Gold (MIL-A-8625 Type3 Class2), Black ABS|
|Top Label||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Weight||0.5lb (233gr) Includes Battery|
|Airborne Sensor Sensitivity||-80db/V-µbar|
|Detection Performance*||5mil ID @ 5PSI From 50'|
|(Conditions)||(60db Ambient Sound Level-No In-band Sound)|
|Ultrasound Converter types||Digitally Controlled Heterodyne|
|Frequency response, AirBorne High||36kHz-42kHz|
|Frequency response, AirBorne Low||26kHz-34kHz|
|Frequency response, Touch Probe High||36kHz-42kHz|
|Frequency response, Touch Probe Low||16kHz-24kHz|
|Frequency response, Touch Probe Sonic||0kHz-10kHz|
|Digital Sensitivity Control||256 Steps|
|Digital Volume Control||256 Steps|
|Output, Audio||0Hz to 4kHz|
|Output, Visual||20 Element Bar Graph with PEAK-Hold and Separate Alphanumeric Digital Display allowing simultaneous readings and comparisons.|
|ON Indicator||Digital Display|
|Low Battery Indicator||Digital Display, BATT|
|Insufficient Battery Charge||Automatic Shut-Down|
|Battery Type||9 Volt|
|Run Time||55-80 hrs|