- Supplied with bot plug-in and cable-connected sensor
- Displays belt tension in Newtons or pounds, or alternatively, frequency in Hertz
- Takes measurements quickly, displaying accurate results within one second
- Easy-to-use keypad design simplifies operation
- Menus are displayed in English, or the user can select German, French or Italian
- Includes traceable calibration certificate
Drive belts achieve maximum lifetime and efficiency when tensioned to the manufacturer's recommended tension. The Check-line BTM-400PLUS Belt Tension Meter provides an easy, reliable method for accurately measuring static tension in flat, V-, cog or toothed belts of rubber, leather, fabric, plastic and composite materials.
The BTM-400PLUS' hand held, LED optical sensor is cable connected to the gauge body, which contains a microprocessor that converts the sensor signal to a pre-selected reading of either Belt Vibration Frequency or Belt Tension. Results are displayed on a bright, easy-to-read LCD display, an acoustic signal indicates a successful measurement. The BTM400PLUS'S LED Optical Sensor is unaffected by ambient noise, offering improved performance versus competitive acoustic-sensor based designs.
Free span length, max: 30 ft. (10m)
Belt density, max: 10 kg/m
Digital sampling error: <1%
Indication error: ± 1 Hz
Total error*: <5%
Operating Temperature: 50 to 122 °F (10 to 50°C)
Gauge Body Material: ABS Plastic
Body Dimensions: 3.15x4.9 x .47" (80x126x37mm)
Case Dimensions: 8.9x7.0x2.0" (226x178x50mm)
Display: 2-Line LCD, 16 char./line
Languages: English, German, French, Italian
Power Supply: 9-volt alkaline battery
* Static tension (T) accuracy depends on the precision of entered values for free belt span (L), density (d) and natural frequency (f) of the vibrating free belt span, that has been plucked or struck, as noted in the relationship: T=4dL2f2.
Note: The highest accuracy is achieved in the frequency mode where readings are accurate to <1%, ± 1 Hz.