Automatic adjustment for optimal oil lubrication level
SKF Oil Leveller LAHD 500 is designed for automatic adjustment of the optimal oil lubrication level within a bearing housing, gear box, crank case or similar oil bath lubrication application. Not usually possible, SKF Oil Levellers allow you to effectively adjust the correct oil level during running conditions, optimising machine performance and increasing the service life of the applications. Furthermore, it automatically compensate for oil leakage and offer the possibility of visual inspection of the oil level.
How it works
The SKF Oil Leveller consists of two communicating oil reservoirs. The lower reservoir is in direct contact with the application and hence its oil level is the same as the oil level inside the application. Through a ventilation tube, the lower reservoir is also in direct contact with the ambient air.
The upper reservoir is an airtight container storing replacement oil. Through its extended neck, which dips into the oil of the lower reservoir, the two reservoirs are in direct contact with each other. However, oil can only flow from the upper to the lower reservoir once the oil level in the lower reservoir goes below the pre-set level, allowing air to flow through the extended neck to the upper reservoir.
- Guaranteed oil level ensures adequate lubrication
- Easy visual inspection
- Extended re-lubrication intervals.
Download User's Manual
- Boundary dimensions: ? 91 mm x 290 mm high (3.6 x 11.4 in)
- Reservoir volume: 500 ml (17 fl. oz. US)
- Container material: Polycarbonate
- Allowed temperature range: - 20 to 125 °C (-4 to 255 °F)
- Permissible humidity: 0 - 100 %
- Length of connecting tube: 600 mm (23.5 in)
- Connection thread: G 1/2
- Tube material: Polyurethane
- O-ring material: NBR - 70
- Shore Gaskets: NBR - 80 Shore 6 pieces
- Other material: Aluminum, Bronze, Stainless Steel
- Suitable oil types: Mineral and synthetic oils