When you use our Sonic Belt Tension Meter for belt tension readings, you will always receive accurate results.
Seiffert Industrial KX-1590 Sonic
Belt Tension Meter
Unlike the force deflection method
which involves applying force to the belt, the Seiffert Industrial Sonic
Tension Meter measures belt tension by analyzing the harmonic characteristics
of a vibrating belt. Belts, like strings, vibrate at a particular natural
frequency based on mass and span length.
The Sonic Tension Meter can easily
be operated by one person for fast, accurate readings on all types of
synchronous belt drive systems and V-belt drives. Simply enter belt mass
constant, belt width and span length into the meter using the built-in keypad.
Next, hold the meter sensor just above the belt and lightly strum belt to make
it vibrate. Press “measure” button to obtain the reading as a frequency (as
hertz) or as a force (pounds or newton's).
Use the flex sensor to reach inside
cramped compartments where conventional measurements would be impossible. The
flexible sensor can be bent and repositioned for convenient, one-hand
- Output readings measurable in hertz, pounds, kilograms and newtons
- Frequency range from 10 - 600 hertz
- Variable frequency range filters
- Auto gain control automatically adjusts meter sensitivity
- 20 memory registers for belt constants
- LCD screen with back light
- Comes with Flexible Sensor