Safety Instructions & Regulations 1.Area of application:
The XCRiPad Mini 4 is an Intrinsically Safe (ic) Ruggedized iPad air solution that is designed for industrial use in potentially explosive areas classified as C1D2 / Zone2 in accordance with directive 94/9/EC. 2. Safety precautions:
These safety instructions contain information and safety regulations that must be observed to ensure safe operation under the described conditions. Failure to follow these instructions and this information can have serious consequences or constitute a violation of the applicable regulations.
Please read through these safety instructions carefully before starting to use the device! In the event of conflicting information, the safety instructions shall take precedence. In the event of any doubt, please contact Xciel. 3. Faults and damage:
If there are grounds for you to believe that the safety of the device has been impaired, stop using it and remove it from the hazardous area immediately. Measures should be taken to prevent the device from being used again accidentally. The safety of the device may be impaired under the following circumstances:
4. Safety regulations:
- The housing is visibly damaged.
- The device has been exposed to excessive loads.
- The warranty seal is damaged or has been removed.
- The device has not been stored properly.
- The device has been damaged in transit.
- The marking or labeling on the device is illegible or non-existent.
- Malfunctions occur
- The permitted limit values have been exceeded.
By using the XCRiPad Mini, it is assumed that the user has observed the generally applicable safety regulations and that he/she has read the EC Declaration of Conformity to prevent any incorrect use of the device. The following must be observed without fail:
- It is prohibited to use a display protection film.
- The iPad air should not be removed from the rubber casing. A broken warranty label indicates that the intrinsic safety of the device is no longer guaranteed.
- The specially designed nylon case should not be removed in the Ex-area.
- The iPad air should not be charged in the Ex-area.
- It must be ensured that the device is not taken into, or used in, hazardous areas classified as C1D1 or zone 0, 1 or 20, 21, 22.
- Do not submerge the XCRiPad Mini under water.
- Do not use or unplug the headset port in hazardous areas.
Failure to observe these safety instructions will result in expiration of the C1D2 / Zone2 Intrinsic Safety rating.