Intrinsically-Safe Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauge
With the 1071-EX, measurements of wall thicknesses can be made quickly and accurately in the range of 0.03" to 15.7" (0.7 to 400 mm). There are three different probes available to cover this wide measuring range, each of which can be easily and conveniently changed inside the hazardous area.
- Standard Probe: 0.06" to 10" (1.5 to 250 mm)
- Mini Probe: 0.03" to 1" (0.7 to 25 mm)
- Low-Frequency Probe: 0.2" to 15.7" (5 to 400 mm)
Due to its compact size and operating time of over 200 hours, this easy to use instrument is essential whenever the continuous supervision of minimum wall thicknesses is required.
For example, it is possible to check the thickness of protective coats or for the erosion of pipe or tank walls even while the plant is operating.
By using the limit value guides, minimum and maximum values can be set and are registered by an audible signal.
The calibration functionality of the instrument means that adjustments can be made to compensate for the type of material being measured, this is done by one of two ways:
- Entering the sound velocity of the corresponding material
- Measuring a material with known thickness and adjusting the instrument to that reference
These adjusted parameters then stay in the memory even when switching off the instrument. Display resolution and sensitivity are also fully adjustable and as with all the other functions, are easily selected from the straightforward menu.
II 2 (1) G EEx ia IIC T4
Certificate of Conformity: PTB 97 ATEX 2231 X
Class I Zone 0
AEx ia IIC T4 I.S.
Class I Division 1 Group A-D T4
- Ingress protection: P 54
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 2.6 x 1" (120 x 65 x 25 mm)
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150 g)
- Operating temperature: 14°F to +104°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Storage temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to 60°C) (without batteries)
- Supply: 2 x primary cells AA to IEC LR6
- Working time: 200 hours continuous operation 1-2 years stand-by
- Instrument: Operation permitted in zone 1
- Probes: Can be exchanged in hazardous areas.
- Standard sensor operating temperature up to 392°F (200°C) for a short time
- Couplant: Perfect connection between sensor and material
- Vulcollan film: Prevents wear of probe if it is used on rough surfaces
- Scope of supply: Echometer 1071-Ex includes primary cells, case, contact gel, user manual and 100 ml of couplant
- Standard probe
- Mini probe
- Low frequency probe
- Vulcollan films (10 pcs.)
- 500 ml of couplant