The Affordable, Portable Leak Detector.
Moderately priced, portable leak detector with proven heated-diode sensor technology. The electrochemical heated- diode sensor resists dirt, water, oil, and other contaminants offering exceptional resistance to the effects of contamination.
- Equal sensitivity to CFCs, HCFCs, and HFCs eliminates resetting or switching for different refrigerants.
- Variable-intensity audible signal and single flashing LED to help pinpoint leaks.
- The automatic background compensation feature continuously monitors and automatically compensates for changing background "noise" without the need for manual adjustments by the operator.
- Two year warranty.
The INFICON TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector incorporates an electrochemical sensor consisting of a ceramic substrate, doped with a reactive element, and maintained at high temperature by a built-in heating element. When a halogen-bearing gas contacts with the hot surface, the chlorine, fluorine, or bromine atoms are separated from the molecule and ionized. This causes an electrical current to flow within the ceramic to a collection electrode at the center.
Careful selection and application of the ceramic permits the INFICON sensor to provide similar responses to CFCs (such as R11 and R12), HCFCs (such as R22 and R123), HFCs (such as R134a) as well as replacement blends (such as R404A and R410A) so that the operator need not determine the refrigerant in use, nor remember to set a selector switch. Furthermore, when searching for HFCs, the instrument does not have an exaggerated response to traces of chlorine bearing vapors which are frequently present.
- Base Unit Includes: Sensor, 2 D-size alkaline batteries, spare filters, and a hard plastic carrying case.
- Sensitivity to CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs: 0.4 oz/yr. (11 g/yr.)
- Controls: 3-position slide switch- off, low sensitivity, high sensitivity
- Power: 2 D-size (1.5-volt) alkaline batteries
- Contamination Adjustment: Automatic
- Weight with Batteries: 1.54 lb (700g)
- Operating temperature range: -20°F to +122°F, -27°C to +50°C
- Probe: Chrome-plated flexible metal. Approximate length: 17" (43cm)
- Sampling System: Positive displacement pump
- Certifications: CE marking per Safety and EMC. SAE J1627
- Warranty: 2 Years